Palo Alto Networks participating in PHDays VII
Palo Alto Networks has partnered with The Standoff, the marquee team-on-team hacking competition at PHDays VII. Palo Alto Networks will join with Servionica at The Standoff as the team responsible for digital defense of an office complex.
"We decided to join The Standoff in part to see the behavior of live attackers. With so many clients and sometimes repetitive tasks in our work, it’s easy to get complacent. The Standoff is a challenge that will help to keep us on our toes and inspire new ideas. It will be particularly interesting for us to protect an office, since this is one of our typical client scenarios," noted Denis Batrankov, Information Security Consultant at Palo Alto Networks.
Also, on May 23 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Hall B, Batrankov will hold a hands-on workshop entitle "Hacker in a Trap—A Practical Demonstration of How to Block Exploits and Ransomware." Batrankov will demonstrate malware and ways of protecting against it. Forum visitors will learn how to block malicious code that has evaded antivirus protection, stop malware at all stages of the kill chain, prevent phishing-related theft of corporate accounts, and understand how modern protection tools work at the network and host level.
PHDays will be held on May 23 and 24 in Moscow. To register and buy tickets visit the PHDays site.
Positive Hack Days is supported by:
- Business Partner: MONT
- Partners: Rostelecom, R-Vision, IBM, Microsoft, Solar Security, InfoTeCS, and SAP
- Sponsors: Axoft, ANGARA, Kaspersky Lab, Check Point, McAfee, and Symantec
- The Standoff Partners: Palo Alto Networks, ICL System Technologies, Beyond Security, and SberTech
- The Standoff Participants: Informzashchita, Perspective Monitoring, Jet Infosystems, and Croc
- Technology Partners: Cisco, CompTek, Synack, Arinteg, Qrator, Wallarm, Prosoft, Advantech, and QIWI
- Premier Media Partner: TASS